CFES Aquafit Instructor Course
This course is designed to teach foundation knowledge and instructor skills to successfully complete CFES Aquafit Instructor certification — enabling you to program and lead basic water fitness exercise classes.
CFES Aquafit Instructor Course Content
In this course you will learn:
• To program plan for all class sections and fitness levels for aquatic fitness classes;
• How to create a safe and caring atmosphere;
• Properly screen your participants, provide on-going screening and monitoring of the participants for the duration of the program and provide modifications to accommodate all levels of ability, and to design, modify, and lead a safe, effective, and appropriate water fitness exercise class;
• Cueing and working with music;
• Use of shallow, and deep water space and group formations and choreography skills;
• Communication skills and professional ethics.
Prerequisite: CFES Fitness Knowledge Course or equivalency
Course Conductor: Melissa Gresley-Jones, B.Ed., CFES Educator
February 18, 19, March 4, 5, 26 and April 2, 2023
Castlegar and District Recreation Centre
2101 6th Ave., Castlegar, B.C.
Registration: Course #51397
In person at the Recreation Centre