Welcome to the CFES Website, where we will aim to meet your fitness education and career development needs. Personal friendly service can be achieved by giving us a call on our toll free line, email us, or set up a Skype meeting. We are delighted you have joined us!
Canadian Fitness Education Services is an educational resources program publishing house, fitness leadership training and national certification agency. CFES is committed to enhancing the fitness knowledge and activity effectiveness of individuals through quality career programs, products and services.
Since 1980 thousands of students have appreciated the CFES approach to fun, academically credible, challenging and rewarding classroom courses, home study programs, workshops and conferences.
The Leadership Demand in a Health Crises
A growing health crisis (early onset diabetes and osteoporosis, youth and adult obesity, etc.) demands qualified leaders in the exercise industry to successfully program, market, instruct, educate and influence the majority of our population into active living.
The CFES vision and specific goals are all aimed to "raise the bar" in fitness education, leadership advancement and effective program delivery, providing qualified and confident leaders who are able and ready to work with their participants effectively. Our new standard is: If you are CFES certified you are employable.
CFES Pilot Year
2011 - 2012 is our pilot year. During this period we will be refining and building upon our foundation fitness leadership training and certification programs, products and services. We are currently orchestrating a growing network of fitness professionals, united together to make a difference over the upcoming years.
Board of Advisors, Staff and Consultants
CFES would like to gratefully acknowledge the thousands of hours and expertise that the many dedicated professionals have contributed to scrutinizing the final models for certification programs and requirements. The CFES Board of Advisors, staff, professional consultants and writers have all been included at CFES round table style of collaborative management to bring you this program today.
A Choice of Excellence
CFES will be an excellent choice for interested individuals, fitness/wellness enthusiasts and leaders, as well as teachers and health providers seeking personal and professional growth.
We see our new direction to be a hub of credible, practical information; a place to call home for fitness professionals and their public; a place known for personal service, quality educational programs for advancement; a place to network and obtain career counselling; a place to find employment and business opportunities; a place where your ideas are included and your contributions recognized.
We encourage your participation, your initiatives and ideas. Join us in the national movement to motivate Canadians to lead a life of health and wellness.
Margaret Hewitt-Zaitlin, BA/BPE
Founder & Executive Director, CFES
An introduction to the CFES Website
This website is a place for you to:
• Learn career steps on how to become a CFES Certified Fitness Leader, Levels One to Three;
• Become a nationally certified specialized fitness instructor in group fitness, weight training, aquafit, active aging, personal training, yoga, youth and more;
• Find CFES provincial, national and international courses and programs;
• Advance your skills, credentials and revenue. Become a CFES certified National Skills Assessment Evaluator; Workshop Presenter or Course Educator;
• Have access to national/international liability insurance as a CFES certified leader;
• Join CFES membership program. Benefits include discounts; education; directory profile page, etc.;
• Search the CFES online directory for professional fitness and wellness programs and services;
• Shop on our online CFES Webstore for fitness, wellness and environmental products;
• Keep up to date fitness and wellness education;
• Express passion, experience and dedication on the CFES blogs;
• Read professional profile pages of CFES members and network;
• Join the CFES Board of Advisors Professional Network;
• Partner on program projects;
• Become a recognized CFES program supplier for certification or recertification;
• Promote and advertise on our website;
• Create a strategic alliance with CFES;
• Bring CFES leadership certification programs into your organization and enhance success for faculty, students, employees, management and participants;
• Encourage qualified staff to become CFES certified Educators or contract these individuals through the CFES office or website;
• Know CFES is a professionally-recognized choice for fitness leadership credentials;
• Continue to come back and see what’s new on our evolving website. Your presence is welcomed!
We look forward to offering a wide variety of quality programs, products and services. We are honoured to meet you to learn how we may best service your fitness and wellness education and career advancement needs. Thank-you for taking the time to learn about us. All the best!
The CFES Management Team
Maggie and Morrie Zaitlin,
Lynn Collins, Scott McMillan and Monica Todesco