- This event has passed.
CFES Fitness Knowledge Course
April 5 @ 5:30 pm - April 14 @ 9:30 pm
The CFES Fitness Knowledge (Fitness Theory) classroom course, or home study version, acts as the prerequisite to all CFES instructor courses and is the first step in becoming a nationally-certified CFES Weight Training Instructor, Group Fitness Instructor, Aquafit Instructor, Active Aging Instructor or Personal Trainer.
In The Course You Will Learn:
- All about your bones and muscles and how they function in exercise and basic movement;
- About your heart and lungs and how to care for them;
- How to burn fat, shape and tone muscle;
- Exercise physiology for strength, flexibility and cardiorespiratory endurance;
- The principles of exercise safety;
- Basic nutrition guidelines and weight management principles;
- Teaching approaches for the adult learner.
Monica Thomson, HFC, CFES Educator
Personal Trainer & MAT (Muscle Activation) Certified Specialist
Functional Movement Screen (FMS), Level I and II
Registration: Course #525039
• www.delta.ca/deltareg (with course number above)
• Registration Call Centre at 604-952-3000 or
• In person at recreation and cultural facilities